So I hit the wall pretty quick.
Blue, on the other hand, whined miserably in the car all the way home. He had barely warmed up.
One thing is certain, Blue now associates my Shuffle with running so I have to hide it and be very careful if I ever want to listen to music without having to...you know...run.
Now, down to business:
- Today I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.
- I made a peanut butter sandwich for Master Commentbox and put some crackers in a little bag for him. This is his school lunch. Judge me at your own peril.
- I talked to the nanny next door about one of her past babies who is now all grown-up and pregnant.
- I filled petrol in my car.
- I went to work and the library. At the library I told 2 of the librarians who had each put aside a book for me that they were officially my "library mothers" and that made them laugh.
- I took Master Commentbox to an interview at a different school (shhh...it's a secret) because we might be switching next year to a smaller, more "homey" school environment.
- I decided that when Master CB returns from his tennis training I will give him cash to walk up to the corner Thai take-away place to buy us dinner.
- Seeing as Mr. CB is away on business I like to live on the edge a little bit and not pretend to cook and then claim to be too tired and THEN pretend that the family is TALKING ME INTO getting take-out.
It has come to my attention that several of my November birthday fitness challenge competitors mention "doing the laundry" and then add "plus drying, folding and putting away said laundry." This comes as a huge relief to me because I now realise that I may NOT be the only person who might possibly have family members who are not aware that "doing the laundry" BY DEFINITION includes the drying, folding and putting away of said laundry.
I would like to say a HUGE thanks to the "anonymous" who left such a lovely comment for me earlier today. I have a soft spot for all anonymice because that's how I started off in blogland.
Which reminds me...Laura...are you still out there? I miss you, and I still have the photo of Ellie's castle on my screensaver.