Monday, November 24, 2008

Splitsing

I am sure that you have all already been here to check up on what Alice's meeting with Eurolush was like. I have been thinking quite a bit this week about what happens when bloggers meet in real life, and this made me think of friendships and the surprising ways in which one can find new friends. That thought then led to a memory of a film I watched many years ago - "The World of Henry Orient." The film was actually made several years before I was born and my mother adored it for many years, waiting patiently until I was old enough to watch it with her...I adored it too...and still love it. The two girls' friendship (set in New York) with their crazy mad hysterically funny obsession with Peter Sellers' character, is captivating. The soundtrack to the movie plays a huge part in the success of the film, and once I hear it I simply cannot stop humming it.

Which is all a very roundabout way of saying that I think that.......

If I were to set up the perfect activity for two bloggers who are meeting for the first time, it would be this one:




6 comments:

Mary said...

Margot and I watched this together and we agree that that is exactly how things should happen....

gorgeous!

Perhaps adding the WV every now and then

herledee

Duyvken said...

I've got the bins if you've got the fur coat!

blackbird said...

I'm afraid I'd need a trampoline to do that much JUMPING. Couldn't we just get drunk together?

Suse said...

Well I can see you and Eurolush running around together like this, you pair of fitness freaks. The rest of us, not so much.

I'll stroll demurely along, arm in arm with blackbird thank you very much. (Holding her arm because clearly, she's going to be drunk).

KPB said...

I'm not jumping fire hydrants - or rubbish bins - with you and Duyvken. Just so you know in advance.

I will sit on the sideline, with alcohol and refreshments, as time keeper.

The Coffee Lady said...

I'm firmly with blackbird. If bloggers are that energetic I hope I never meet any of you.