Monday, September 26, 2011

My type of model


Introducing Nicole Thompson, my newly found fashion guru. No, not the model, that's the lovely Samantha Harris, but I'm interested in the make-up artist.

The photo originates here, where you can read a bit more about the fab Nicole T's make-up choices for her models earlier this year. But I don't really care about that, I really want to ask her about her glasses and her choice of earrings, and her penchant for black clothes and coloured pixie-cut hairstyles.

I heard Ms Thompson talk yesterday at IMATS. I was bewitched by both the artistry and personal style of this wonderful woman. She didn't wear glasses during her presentation, but as she raced past me later that day, rushing off to catch a cab to the airport to catch a plane to Paris for Fashion Week (as one does), I saw the glasses and they looked gorgeous. Crazy-mad size, but something about the shape and colour is just so right. Notice the earrings, yes, large sparkly earrings that really look wonderful. Something about the colour tone and shape which matches the look of the glasses without being all matchy-matchy.

I must also mention the hair colour, which was BRIGHT pink yesterday. Her eyebrows were pink too, and the look was endearing and looked perfectly natural on her.

Ms Thompson reminds me that I need to go bigger, shinier and braver. Be bold. Make a statement. Be passionate. Live life. And don't forget the glitter.




4 comments:

Duyvken said...

you went to IMATS? you are a marvel! xx

Jeanette Nord said...

Those glasses is to die for and I would like to have pink hair too. Don`t know about the eye brow thing though... I thought I was brave when I added a touch of orange to my hair but now I understand that it should have been pink. Big sigh!

Bonnie Friday said...

What a babe. Make up artists are amazing, I don't know how they work backstage at the big shows, so much pressure!
I will definitely have to check this lady out!

xx

steroids online said...

Informative article, I really like to keep track of the updates and news. Thanks for the excellent news and topics.