Saturday, May 9, 2009

Movie Trivia

You remember that clip I posted here showing some scenes from the 1973 film "Jeremy" starring Robby Benson?



Did any of you know that Robby Benson played Beast's role in Disney's 1991 "The Beauty & The Beast"?






There was another film in the 70s with Mr. Benson, let's see if anyone here dreamed of becoming an Olympic figure skating champion when they were young....I did. I watched this movie and cried my little heart out, but never could manage to balance on those skates. So come on people....anybody know the movie I'm talking about?



[Hint - "I forgot about the flowers"]

5 comments:

RW said...

oh. I don't know the figure skating move but Robbie Benson played Daniel in the Chosen - one of my all time favourite novels. I read it every year. And the movie is not bad.

trash said...

I know the movie you meanbut can't remember what it is called. Didn't make me want to take up ice-skating.

Mary said...

Ice Castles.

The one I wept over was "Death be not Proud".

A good Jewish boy too ..

KPB said...

It's Ice Castles - oh how I cried. Wept. Sobbed.

How I wished for a tragic accident which didn't so much leave me disfigured as challenged ... so I could triumph over adversity.

Ahh, the teenage years. So full of hope and dreams.

KPB said...

So this Robby Benson character. Clearly decided the haircut of '74 was working for him.