Sunday, December 28, 2008

Seventh day

As I left for the beach this morning, I noticed that our magnolia tree in the front yard is in bloom.



Once you have inhaled the scent of a magnolia blossom, you can never go back to a magnolia-scented candle with the same delight.


As I walked through a small park on the way to the beach I saw a little Scottie who looked EXACTLY like a baby Tex. I quickly put my basket down so as to take this photo, at which point another dog took the opportunity to pee on it. So that's why I didn't manage to get another photo of this cutie-pie (whose name, by the way, was Frank).


No grey whatsoever this morning!

The shack was soon up and ready for the day ahead, while the other commentboxes were still safely tucked in bed at home. Lovely.


I gazed out at the water, had a quick dip, and began to work on Esti's sandcastle.


Esti had requested a sandcastle decorated with pebbles,




shells,




and twigs.

Luckily, the ocean had washed many precious treasures onto my shore.


It was a little windy, so I built the castle in the shack.







I really hope that Esti likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!


(Of course, the drawings and photographs are ALL Esti's amazing creations. I hope, dear Esti, that you will not mind that I printed and cut them in this way....it was only for the purpose of making you the very best sandcastle I could think of!)

Tonight is the eighth (and last) night of Hanukkah. We lit the candles at our home with my mother and father, and it was a great evening.

Good night all. I shall try to make a sandcastle every day as per your requests.
So much fun!!

5 comments:

KPB said...

We have been beaching every day as well - the boys are currently totally into the ocean pool and quite frankly, after the sighting of a great white off long reef, I am more than happy with that.

Badger said...

We have a magnolia tree in our yard, too, all the way over here in Texas! Now I'll think of you when it blooms.

blackbird said...

Happy Hanukkah dear Eleanor!

Esti said...

Thanks Eleanor for your sandcastle. I'd never have thought of my drawings visiting your beach. A wonderful idea all the way! I really can't find enough words in English to express my gratitude. Thanks for coming along in my journey. :)

Anonymous said...

Frank looks exactly like Tex -- I thought it WAS Tex for a moment. An early-morning swim at the beach sounds impossibly wonderful and refreshing right now.