Sunday, July 6, 2008

Guests

I have a dog in my house who is loving, but very anxious when guests arrive. He barks at them. He is what people call a “rescue dog”. I like the way he feels, and he smells good, and we run together every day. He keeps me company as I write. But it is hard to entertain guests. Sometimes I think that he is my inner introverted self, materialised in dog form. As I chat with my guests, I am secretly counting the minutes until I can be alone again in my study with my writing, and my loving dog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I am catching up on your recent posts. It's been a while. Far too long, actually.

I like the 100 words a day idea. Your observations are like a small, neatly wrapped gift, with a pretty bow.

Blue is a good dog. I think he and Tex would be good friends...if Tex could work it in to his nap schedule.

Hope all's well in Australia.

Eleanor said...

Eurolush...actually...the small, neatly wrapped gift with the pretty bow is your comment in this comment box.

Mary said...

I was going to comment on the post and now I am concerned at how late you were up!

Anonymous said...

Your words are kind of like potato chips, you always want more (they are delicious after all..) but on the flip side it is so lovely having these little snippets of you.

Maria said...

Nice to have a little dog as company! Even if I'm not a dog-person...

I think this one hundred word-think is really good for me =)

That One said...

Dogs! Love 'em!

The comfort and care they give is immeasurable.

Sömsmånen said...

But you will never ask your commenters to restrict to a certain amount of words, will you? That would be challenging for the likes of me who goes on and on in the comment box and seems to think it OK to fill other people's boxes with their thoughts and haven't realised that boxes are meant to...
OK. I hear you.