Sunday, April 13, 2008

My cup runneth over

I returned home after driving my son to the tennis courts (get used to this phrase as it will be much repeated, for it is what I do, a lot) and checked in to find that I HAD A LARGE NUMBER OF UNEXPECTED GUESTS IN MY BLOG. When I saw all of your names, some with the cute little icons attached, and then read YOUR comments, in MY COMMENT BOX, well, I was delighted.

I immediately felt the urge to run around tidying up, fluffing pillows, vacuuming the dog-hairs and putting on the kettle. Then I felt the need to race madly up the stairs to my bedroom and try on several different outfits, all of which felt wrong. I really, really needed to put on some lipstick, and then take it off, and I tried to do something interesting with my hair. Each and every one of you means that much to me!

Thank you. Thank you so much for coming, and please come again!!

7 comments:

Miz S said...

Here via blackbird. She has never steered me wrong in the past.

That One said...

Hi Eleanor,

Like miz s, I'm here through blackbird.

I'm a new blogger, too, so I totally understood your post about etiquette. I had the same questions myself and also wish I had an elderly aunt who could keep me on the right path.

I've got you bookmarked and will add a link to you on my blog shortly.

Cheers!
Tuli

Lauri said...

Blackbird is awesome and so are you! I enjoy reading you - I'm a recovering "lurker", not to make that mistake again...

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable.

Badger said...

For the record, I'm still in my pajamas (at almost 11:30 a.m. local time) and don't mind a little dog hair. So don't feel like you have to straighten up on my account!

KPB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KPB said...

So is this when I tell you I blog nude?