Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Meme

Thanks for the meme dear Duyvken! It's been a busy week and I just noticed that I haven't posted since Friday...crazy...So I'm jotting this down very quickly as it's way past my bedtime. I should probably put in some links but I'm running out of time and energy. Oh, and tomorrow I'll pass the meme on to some of you...hmmm.....maybe it will by YOU??!!

Good night all xxxx


What are your current obsessions?
Blogging, writing the perfect limerick, sleeping.

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
My new scarf - white with black polka-dots and embroidered purple spirals.

What's for dinner?
Tapas nibblies at opening night of Spanish Film Festival, just a few sips of beer..had to drive home. Gave kids money to get pizza delivered.

What's your greatest fear at the moment?
That the ants currently invading the hallway of my house are, in fact, termites.


What are you listening to?
Prince - "She wore a raspberry beret, the kind you buy in a secondhand store. Raspberry beret, and if it was warm she wouldn't wear much more.....she walked in through the out door, out door, out door..."

If you were a goddess what would you be?
All-powerful and unforgiving.

What are your favourite holiday spots?
Lord Howe Island. Anywhere I don't have to cook, clean or entertain.

What are you reading right now?
"Lirael" by Garth Nix - The story of a girl, her Disreputable Dog, and a magical library shaped like a nautilus shell.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Eating chocolate late at night while standing at the kitchen counter in front of some crappy infomercial while the rest of the family is fast asleep.

Who or what makes you laugh?
The last time I had a really really good laugh was when I walked into the living room to find a softie my daughter made out of felt while I was sleeping, it was in the shape of a can of tuna with a face and it had a note on it that said “The shmexiest can of tuna you’ll ever see.” I ended up calling the can “Tina” and now she keeps me company as I cook dinner.

What is your favourite spring thing to do?
Wear my black birkenstock sandals.

Where are you planning to travel next?
Dreaming of taking Miss Commentbox overseas after she graduates High School. Possibly to America to visit her Uncle (my brother) and her four adoring cousins.

What is the best thing you ate or drank lately?
My mother’s chicken soup last Friday night.

When was the last time you were tipsy?
Saturday night two weeks ago when we were invited to our neighbours’ house for an Indian dinner. Mr. Commentbox bought them an expensive bottle of wine (so as to impress them) and I ended up drinking far too much of it. We buy ourselves the cheap wine so I hadn’t realised how good a really good red can taste.

What is your favourite ever film?
“International Velvet” for nostalgic reasons, but otherwise “Kill Bill” (1 & 2).

What is the biggest lesson you've learned from your children?
Everything always changes.

What song can't you get out of your head?
The sexed-up version of Jai Ho by the Pussycat Dolls.

What book do you know you should read but refuse to?
Proust’s “In Search of Lost Time”....not so much refuse as try often and give up.

What is your physical abnormality/abnormal physical ability?
My fingernails look shockingly awful, I’ve been a biter and picker for many years, but I’m working on it, and it’s improving.

What is your favourite colour?
I don’t have one, but I generally don't really like pastels or pink.

12 comments:

RW said...

That was insightful.
I loved reading your answers.

trash said...

You are planning on taking Miss Comment box o/s? You definitely have to come via the UK, you know this right?

Anonymous said...

You might come to the US? Where? Anywhere near Wisconsin? (probably not -- NOTHING is near Wisconsin)

Janet said...

I enjoyed reading your answers, maybe I'll do this meme next!

I'm a biter too, erk.

Janet said...

oh and I love that Prince album too, reminds me of days gone by. In a totally good way.

KPB said...

Snorting at the idea of termites in disguise.

Otherwise don't get me started on ants.

And now I can't stop singing Raspberry Beret. UGH. That man is just plain creepy.

KPB said...

AND OMG - os w/ Ms commentbox??? To the US???? To within a bull's fart of Blackbird???

I am beyond green with envy. How utterly delicious.

blackbird said...

Kill Bill eh?

alice c said...

What blackbird said.

Mary said...

Wouldn't you love a raspberry beret?

Not red.

Raspberry.

Yum - and how gorgeous you would look in such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved Lirael.

That One said...

As someone who has a house full of termites I can tell you this: If they're walking up and down your hallway in the daylight and if they don't have wings, they're not termites.

Termites are subterranean creatures that can't live in light. Except for the fuckers that grow wings and fly to spread the colony.

OMG I just swore in Eleanor's comment box. And it was a bad swear. I'm sorry Eleanor.