Friday, February 4, 2011

It oughtta be illegal

I have a confession to make.

I adore, no, I ADORE, the Bee Gees. When I was around eleven years old my family would go on a different "country walk" every Sunday (we lived in England at the time), otherwise it would have been a bushwalk. But I digress. There was always a long drive to the start of the country walk and so my parents would play music (cassettes) and it was invariably either the Carpenters or the Bee Gees. I would look out the window and dream about love.

So now I'm in the middle of working on an idea for a romantic comedy, and like a homing pigeon I find myself coming back to the Bee Gees. I've been listening to this Barry Gibb / Barbra Streisand duet so many times that I think my family is beginning to worry. Barry is my favourite, isn't he lovely? Can't wait for Eurolush's comments on the white outfits!!

This is another, more recent, song which I'm listening to a lot. Shhh... don't tell anyone OK?


2 comments:

Paola said...

OMG I used to listen to that duet song CONSTANTLY and actually, Fabio just came in this second while I was listening to your link and asked: "OH, are they back?"
I brings back the same memories of day dreaming about love ...

PS You've lived everywhere apparently, uh?

Anna (of helylle) said...

I had the exact same experience with my family at weekends. Only, for me it was always John Denver...
xoxo
/Anna