Sunday, October 31, 2010

A brief interlude

I can't sleep, too excited about my upcoming trip, so I'm listening to music on YouTube. You probably remember that one of my favourite movies is "International Velvet," and listening to the theme from the film always makes me happy. So I listened to it here:




And it suddenly occurred to me to see if the composer of this theme wrote any other music for films.

His name, it turns out, is Francis Lai, who knew? And he wrote this as well:



And this:



Fame is such a strange beast, I had never heard his name before. Why?

Monsieur Lai, you have a place in my heart,

love,

Eleanor x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the theme from "A Man and a Woman"! One semester when I was in college, my roommates and I would listen to that EVERY FRICKIN' NIGHT as we fell asleep. Nice music, nevertheless.