Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Coraline

I saw "Coraline" a couple of days ago and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's a magical fairytale, and I really do think that watching it in 3-D is well worth it, definitely not a gimmick in this very special case.

Of course, my opinion is hardly subjective. You see... Coraline happens to look A LOT like a young Eurolush, only with blue hair. She also wears bright blue boots and yellow stripey gloves, which reminds me of Anna. Her name is very similar to Caroline - Julia's sweetie-pie of a daughter in Prague. The little mice make me think of Suse's knitted mouse. The incredible fantasy garden immediately brought Mary to mind. And I dare you to find a more crafty film than this, hello all you crafty bloggers I love so much.

All right...I'll admit it....the scary mother...the one with the buttons for eyes....she's kinda sorta the mother I become when I try to be the mother I think I should be.

Enjoy!!!





8 comments:

Mary said...

I miss Eurolush too.

And Coraline sounds divine..

RW said...

funny you say that!
I was missing you.

I was wondering if you had gone on an adventure together?

Anonymous said...

Did you by any chance follow the renegade and viral ad campaign that led up to Coraline's opening? It was fabulous.

Frogdancer said...

I saw the trailer when we went to see Harry Potter. The button eyes kinda turned me off...

Duyvken said...

I miss Eurolush too. We enjoyed reading the book here chez Duyvken and are looking forward to seeing the movie!

Julia said...

Ooh, must see if we can find this somewhere. (Or wait for it to reach ITunes!)

Duyvken said...

By the way, dear Eleanor, I recently watched Vantage Point and thought of you, the scripting must have been a killer but it's a fantastic film. I'm glad I wasn't herding extras for it though! Have you seen it?

Jen said...

I was thinking the same thing as RW. Where oh where is EL?