Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The circle widens

Oh my goodness.

Just when I thought blogging couldn't get any better....two new comments arrived at my box and led me to discover that two new women have joined the circle in the forest.

Stop everything and go check out these two wonderful bloggers! Soft Rock Mama has a gentle and honest voice, and photos of a mountained magic which she calls home. Go on...go visit her and be swept away by the peaceful honesty of her nature. Anne is an artist who was born in Sweden and has been living for the last decade in London. Heelllooo...... does this blogging thing get any better???!!! She responds to comments in both Swedish and English and her illustrations...her illustrations will intrigue and amuse you and then you'll revisit them and they will stay with you forever.

So everyone scrunch over and make room for two more women in the circle.

9 comments:

Sömsmånen said...

I'll check out the blogs right away - if you pomise to give Ellie a big hug and introduce yourself as one of my very first aussie blog friends!

Duyvken said...

It gladdens the heart to know that you have people who are thinking of you and wishing you well. As far as I am concerned there will always be plenty of room in the circle!

Suse said...

I love the way everybody views the blogosphere in their own special way. You picture a circle of us in the forest, Alice has her courtyard and we are all behind the windows overlooking the courtyard, calling out to each other.

I always saw the blogosphere as a series of overlapping bubbles (overlapping because each of us has our own readers and some but not all of them read each other). Not quite as beautiful as yours and Alice's images, but my very own nonetheless.

I'm off to visit the two new members of Eleanor's magical forest circle.

RW said...

Of course, skooching over to create room in the circle...

I love meeting new people.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Suse said. I picture us all in a coffee shop at small tables in groups of 4 or 5. You can listen to the conversations of your own small table, or look pointedly at one of the other tables and suddenly be able to hear the conversations *they're* having, and join in and they'll easily hear you, too. And then you nudge someone sitting next to you to have them join your conversation with the folks at the other table, and it keeps happening over and over again. Every now and then you find someone at a table you haven't spoken to in a long time, but then you can request the transcripts of the conversations you've missed.

If we're in the forest, I may need my inhaler.

Soft Rock Mama said...

Oh Eleanor, you are so very sweet.
Many, many thanks for your kind words. And for sending your circle of friends my way.
It was really really unexpected, but oh so fun, to wake up this morning and find that I had comments!!
Very nice to meet you too.

Your right my parents are fabulous.
Elsie makes us all laugh when she sports her doggles. But a girl with sensitive eyes must protect herself while floating down the river.

Anonymous said...

You're a good egg, E.

I loved Jen's coffee shop idea...it made me laugh out loud.

The Coffee Lady said...

oh good grief yes tell me we are in a coffee shop. I really don't fancy a forest. They don't have central heating, can you imagine that?

Anne said...

Dear Eleanor,
I'm honoured thank you so much for all them kind words!! You're too kind.

I'm so happy to have found your blog and wish good days to you and yours.