Thursday, May 22, 2008

Love Thy Neighbour - The sequel.

So I just got home in a mad rush, and raced to the backyard to bring in the washing that's been hanging on the line since I left this morning. My washing line is up against the side fence, the fence we share with my other neighbours, the neighbours I haven't yet written into my blog. I can often eavesdrop on my neighbours this way because the fence is high enough to hide me, and I have adapted my laundering skills so as to be as quiet as a mouse.

This evening, I heared the neighbour's nanny talking on the phone to a friend. She often goes out to the deck to talk, I guess she thinks it gives her a bit of privacy. Hehehe. Anyhow....it seems that she has just been diagnosed with shingles. It is not a very bad case of shingles. If it was she would be writhing in agony, in bed, because I have a friend whose husband had shingles, so I know. But I digress.

I may have to cancel my Friday appointments. I'm expecting a telephone call, and I have my pen and pad at the ready.

7 comments:

blackbird said...

Who are her charges?

Duyvken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duyvken said...

ah, the value of a well-placed fence or hedge should never be underestimated! Keep us posted.

Eleanor said...

bb - two girls. Nine-year-old comedienne, seven-year-old tiny-attention-span constant-running-nose. Both cute as two peas in a pod.

Sömsmånen said...

Goodness, E, how do you sleep at night?
Don't you wake up in the middle of the night, sweating of the thought that all your neighbours have discovered your blog and chase you down the street, angry for being in it and angry for not being in it!??
I ordered my first Delafield yesterday from Amazon. Apparently, her readers never recognized themselves in her books, only all other characters! I hope this is the case with you, should your blog be revealed!

Eleanor said...

Anna - should my blog be revealed I shall be employing escape plan "A" - moving to Sweden!

That way, whatever happens, we can always stay in touch.

Sömsmånen said...

We'll set up a rescue centre for you if things get rough! Head quarters in my living room, naturally.
You really are a linguist,aren't you? I recognize the curiosity and joy. "Puss puss" means "kiss kiss" ("kiss" on the other hand means pee in swedish, lots of traps to fall in everywhere in life) and "gumman" literally means old woman but is used lovingly to daughters, girlfriends to girlfriends - and when you feel like patronizing anyone of female gender in general.
Maybe there ought to be a "daughters-to-blogging-mums-blog"? They could get it all out.

I know you all wait for me to leave a short comment. Just snappety-snap...